Not a traditional baby swing, this innovative mamaroo swing mimic’s the natural movements you make when you are holding a fussy or cranky baby.
These movements help sooth the baby and ultimately calm them down.
A great swing for preemies, this bouncer swing can also be used for all babies up to 25 pounds.
Some love it, some hate it. Keep reading to learn why!
Main Features of the 4moms MamaRoo 2012 Swing :
Mimics our motions when holding a baby
This swing was designed to make the motions that we make when holding our babies – swaying from side to side, bouncing them up and down, etc.
One mom said that the MamaRoo is one of the best things that she has for her baby –
it seriously moves the way we parents do…
Babies like to be held – whether we are bouncing up and down with them, swaying with them or rocking them – babies simply like to be held. But – as parents we need to be able to put our babies down at times to take a shower, make dinner, take a nap or whatever. The Mamaroo helps you do these things since it moves the way we do.
While the MamaRoo does have several nature sounds to choose from, another great thing is that you can plug your ipod into this and choose the music you want your baby to listen to.
4Moms has addressed one of the main issues that it seemed that people who did not like the Mamaroo complained about – speed. While definitely not as fast as a full size traditional baby swing, some said this was simply too slow.
So – the 2012 Mamaroo has speeds that are 50% faster than the previous year’s models.
Other updates include: an updated interface and a locking toy bar
Great For Preemies / Babies recovering from surgeries
Since this swing does not move as fast as a traditional baby swing and it is not jarring at all, it can be used for preemies. One mom said she likes it for her baby because he had heart surgery and this swing was gentle and easy for him.
Another mom said that they have these Mamaroo seats lined up in their local NICU unit.
Details of this 4Moms Mamaroo Bouncy Swing:
- Dimensions: 22.3″ x 8.6″ x 26.5″
- For children from birth to 25 lbs.
- Has 5 motions: kangaroo, car ride, tree swing, rock-a-bye and ocean wave
- Choice of 5 speeds
- Has built-in nature sounds (running water, crickets, ocean waves and 2 different white noise settings)
- MP3 hookup so you can choose the music you want
- Removable mobile that swings to the side for easy entry
- 3 reversible toy balls patterned after classical artists (Van Gogh, Monet and Seurat) – black & white on one side (great for newborns) and colorful on the reverse side (nice for older babies).
- Seat cushion is machine washable
- Seat reclines to any position
- If seat recline is not locked, swing will not run
- No batteries needed! Plugs into wall outlet.
- Choice of 6 colors: Classic Black, Classic Silver, Green Plush, Multi Color Plush, Silver Plush and Blue Plush
- Weighs 14 pounds
- Warranty: one year (for 2012 models) or six months (for 2011 models)
Consumer Reviews Of The 4Moms Mamaroo Bouncer Swing :
My newborn LOVES this swing
Safe and great quality
Best Swing Ever
Good For Preemies
Worth every penny!!!
“I bought this thinking it would be a nice swing-car ride to get the baby to sleep- replacement…. At first, she didnt take to it. So much that we dubbed it “the scream machine”. 🙂 Then, at about 3 and a half mos old, she decided she liked it and its used more than any of our other baby equipment since….(read more here: 4Moms Mamaroo Swing Review)”
Amazon Rating: 4.3
Who is the Mamaroo Swing best for?
For most parents, the MamaRoo Bouncy Swing is a great choice. Unlike the larger, traditional baby swing – this swing takes up less room and it does not need batteries!
Most babies will find the slower, repetitive movements of the Mamaroo, with the sound effects, calming and soothing. Occasionally there is the child that needs the stronger motions that a larger swing gives – especially if they have colic.
In terms of looks, durability and all the options, we highly recommend this swing.
Current Prices For The 4Moms Mamaroo:
Amazon has great deals – and great service – Check out the current price of the here:
While you are there, you may want to consider getting an insert for the seat. 4moms makes one and you can see that one here. Another insert that moms recommend is here. These inserts are great if you have a newborn or your baby is a preemie.
Other Reviews You May Be Interested In: